Spring is right around the corner and with it, the promise of brighter days and a cleaner house. Consider these 5 tips for getting rid of clutter and freeing up your space:
1. Change your perspective. Perspective is one of the most critical components to de-cluttering and spring cleaning. Perspective is the point of view that determines what you really need or want to keep. Before beginning your spring cleaning process, spend some time examining how you might be able to tweak your perspective to accomplish your goals.
2. Work with the end result in mind. If you see each room in your house for what it could be, you’ll become more motivated to work quickly and ruthlessly to eliminate clutter. Tip: Pull out photos of a time when your house looked the way you want it to look now and be inspired.
3. Brighten your space. It is easier to clean a room that is flooded with good light and clean air. Crack open a window and turn on a light before digging in to the mess. (Need some modern design lighting? Here are a few tips for your consideration.)
4. Have fun. As soon as you view de-cluttering or spring cleaning as a chore, you’ll hate every minute of it. Instead, turn on some music or involve a friend or family member. Reward yourself for accomplishing small goals along the way.
5. Donate. Donate. Donate. If you struggle to get rid of things you do not need, consider donating them to a good cause. Knowing something is going to be useful to someone else makes the parting easier.
With spring right around the corner, now is the time to think about kicking clutter to the curb.